Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day Weekend









I can't believe the summer is actually officially over. I had such a blast this weekend, it seemed like it flew by. It was wonderful seeing Cass, and meeting Jim I wish we could have spent more time together. After lunch with them, I headed Up North. It was a long drive but I finally made it and the sunset was phenomenal. The rest of the weekend we basically stayed in the water all day. It was so gorgeous, and the weather was the best it has been all summer. The girls loved the beach, and so did I. Monday morning we got up and walked the Mackinac Bridge. It was really neat, and now I can say I have done it. There were tons of people, I am still proud of myself for walking all 5 miles! It was horrible leaving Monday because the weather was perfect, again. We took one last swim after the Bridge walk and packed up the cars and left. My mom, sister and I are planning one more trip before it gets too cold. I have my very first class as a Grad student tomorrow, wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kevin Benedict said...

Hey - where did you go "Up North"? Alex and I went up to Isle Royale on Labor Day. Gorgeous weather.

Taylor said...

I was in St. Ignace, it was AMAZING weather! Hope everything is good with you Kev :)