Thursday, September 25, 2008

Turtles and toes




I shot the all-campus picnic at Eastern, and surprise surprise free food brought out some interesting people. I am a sucker for dogs so I hung out with this couple and their four-year-old Haley who was ever hopeful for a bite of food. Then I hung out with the musical entertainment for the event. These guys were very interesting, they said that they didn't have a name for the group officially, but that day they were thinking of The Chris Smith trio. Chris Smith is the guy jamming on the keyboard, the other guy was from Midland, small world. I just loved their expressions in this image, too bad I didn't get one I liked of the drummer because he had a unique look too. I hung out with Alex that photo editor at the Echo and his roommates, the one who's toes and tortoise are featured is Rob he also shoots pics for the paper. It was nice to meet some more people and I think I am going to enjoy working on the Echo this semester. The best part is it satisfies the journalist in me while I pursue other avenues in education.

0 comments: