Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Giving Garden








I learned about a community garden from an awesome girl in one of my classes. A group of interested and like minded students are going to start a community, sustainable garden this summer on Eastern's campus and I am going to help out and learn a lot in the process. The first meeting I attended was in EMU's greenhouse where we planted some of our seeds so that we can eventually transplant them onto the plot when they are ready in a couple of weeks. I think this is going to be a great experience, and it will be one of my outdoor volunteering activities this summer which I am really looking forward to. The meeting only lasted about an hour and a half but I really needed the break since I was in the middle of writing a 20 page paper...ugh! I am finally finished with my paper, only to start reading through all of the research I have on another one, but as soon as I am finished with that paper I am done for the semester. My summer is looking pretty great so far, I am enrolled in one class in May/June and then one class that is a couple days in July but will require a lot of reading leading up to our classes. I am also seeking out a couple more volunteering opportunities and making plans to get a photo business going on the side with some awesome clients lined up already!

0 comments: