Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Change we need rally - MSU









Last Thursday I got to see Obama in East Lansing. He came and spoke on MSU's campus, I skipped class to be able to go and it was really awesome. He was in Lansing once before and I missed it so I was determined to go this time. Frank got us tickets, and armed with my 200, we waited 3 hours in the cold somewhat rainy weather to hear him speak. Thousands of people crowded around the stage on Adams Field. Most of these are from when I was waiting for him to come speak. It was the first time I heard a presidential candidate speak live in my life, and I am really glad I had the opportunity to do it. I hope everyone registered to vote, the deadline has passed in Michigan. I'm not sure what it is in other states, but if you haven't registered yet DO IT! And if you are, don't forget to get an absentee ballot...it's really simple, I sent for mine and a week later I have already voted!

1 comments:

Briana Scroggins said...

Nice! I really admire your eye for the small details in a huge crowd.